- Please contact your doctor if you notice symptoms such as unexplained irritability, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, changes in appetite or activity levels, seizures, muscle aches, chills, stiffness of the neck, pain when urinating, etc., regardless of the color of the background in the app or the LED color on the device and regardless of whether or not fever is present.
- Please contact your doctor if the monitored temperature is elevated for more than two days already.
- Do not use the degree° when there are injuries to or in the ear or an increased sensation of pain in the ear.
- The device must not be operated while charging or cleaning.
- This product can be operated at an ambient temperature range of 15 – 40 °C (59 – 104° F). Do not expose this product to extreme temperatures (below -25 °C / -13 °F or above 55 °C / 131 °F) or excessive humidity (> 90 % RF). At ambient temperatures of 40 °C, self-heating of 1 – 2 °C can increase the device temperature to max. 42 °C.
- To avoid inaccurate monitoring, the degree° must always be cleaned after usage according to the cleaning instructions in this document. (See: Care and Cleaning).
- degree° is intended for use in a domestic environment only. This product is not suitable for diagnosing disease or assessing hypothermia, but it is a useful tool for monitoring the temperature.
- The use of this device cannot replace your attention for your child or consultation with your doctor.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be left unattended while monitoring their body temperature.
- It is not allowed to modify the device or any other parts of the scope of delivery without the manufacturer’s approval.
- Parents/legal guardians should contact the pediatrician if they notice any unusual signs or symptoms of an illness.
- For children receiving antibiotics, analgesics and antipyretics, the severity of their condition should not be assessed solely on the basis of temperature values.
- Elevated temperatures, which are indicated, may indicate a severe disease, especially in adults who are older or frail, have a weakened immune system, or infants and young children. Please seek professional advice immediately from the following groups at elevated temperatures:
– Young children and patients over 60 years of age
– Patients with diabetes mellitus or a weakened immune system (e.g. HIV positive, cancer chemotherapy, chronic steroid treatment, splenectomy)
– Bedridden patients (e.g. secret patients, stroke, chronic illness, after surgery)
– Transplanted patients (e.g. liver, heart, lung, kidney)
- The degree° is swallow-proof and contains NO small parts that can be swallowed or pose a suffocation risk to children. Do not leave the charging cable unattended with small children, there is a danger of strangulation.
- A continuous wearing time of the degree° thermometer of maximum 24 hours and at least 5 minutes per application is recommended.
Updated on 27. January 2021
Was this article helpful?
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Don't worry we're here to help!CONTACT SUPPORT